Ads (728x90)

Latest Post

Kesehatan

Tips

I am calling this part sketch and part real because I wish to turn only a portion of an image into a sketch, while leaving the rest untouched.
I have chosen this free stock image for the tutorial. You will find it here
It belongs to ~GloomWriter
Step 1 : Click the Magnetic Lasso.
Step 2 : Select the horse. After selection the selection changes to marching ants.
Step 3 : Press CTRL+J. The selection is copied onto Layer1.
Step 4 : Press CTRL+J again. A new Layer 1 copy forms. Press CTRL+SHIFT+U to desaturate the image.
Step 5 : Press CTRL+J yet again. A new Layer 1 copy 2 forms.
Step 6 : Press CTRL+I. My image looks like this.
Step 7 : Change the Blend Mode to Color Dodge.
This is how my image looks after changing the Blend Mode to Color Dodge.

Step 8 : Go the Filter >Blur>Gaussian Blur.
Step 9 : The Gaussian Blur dialogue box comes up. Drag the Radius slider to the right slowly while watching your image. Stop when you are satisfied.
The horse has been turned into a sketch. The rest of the image remains intact.
I am taking another free stock image.
I have selected the dress only with the Magnetic Lasso.
Press CTRL+J. The selection is cut and pasted to Layer1.
Press CTRL+J. Layer 1 is duplicated as Layer 1 copy. Next press CTRL+SHIFT+D to desaturate.
Press CTRL+J. Layer 1 copy duplicates into Layer 1 copy 2. Press CTRL+I
This is how the image looks after you press CTRL+I.
Change the Blend Mode to Color Dodge.
This is how the image looks like.
Add the Gaussian Blur as shown earlier. And here is the finished image.
Other Photoshop tutorials are here





Post a Comment