Ads (728x90)

Latest Post

Kesehatan

Tips

Puppet Warp is a new feature in Photoshop CS 5 which allows distortion in images while keeping the background intact. It works on most images.
Step 1 : I have opened this free stock image in Photoshop CS5. You can download it here. It belongs to ~Lennon-STOCK
Step 2 : There is only the Background Layer in the Layers palette after I open the image.
Step 3 : Click on the Magnetic Lasso. Those who want can also use the Pen Tool.
 Step 4 : I have set a Feather of 2 pixel in the top panel.
Step 5 : Click and drag with the Magnetic Lasso to select. If you place a point wrong, press DELETE. It will delete the last point. Then continue. If you want to begin the selection all over again hit ESC.
Step 6 : I have selected the image with the Magnetic Lasso.
Step 7 : Press CTRL+J to cut and paste the selection to Layer1.
Step 8 : Ctrl+Click the layer thumbnail on Layer1.
 Step 9 : The selection reappears.
Step 10 : With the selection in place click back on Background Layer. Switch off the eye icon in Layer1.
Step 11 : Go to Edit>Fill.
Step 12 : The Fill dialogue box appears. The Use should be set to Content-Aware. It usually is by default.
Click OK.
Step 13 : The image of the girl disappears. What Photoshop does is Fill the selection with surrounding pixels.
Step 14 : Press CTRL+D to deselect. Notice that the Fill has left behind an outline which has to be removed.
Step 15 : Click on the Spot Healing Brush Tool.
Step 16 : Note that Photoshop CS5 has a Content-Aware for the Spot Healing Brush Tool. It is on by default.
Step 17 : Heal the outlines by dragging the Spot Healing Tool.
Step 18 : I have removed the ugly outlines with the Spot Healing brush.
Step 19 : Click back on Layer 1 and turn on the eye icon.
Step 20 : The image of the girl reappears.
Step 21 : Right click Layer1 and click on Convert to Smart Object.
Step 22 : Layer 1 has been converted to a Smart Object. I did this so that I will not be altering the girl's image directly so that I can go back and make changes if I want to.
Step 23 : Go to Edit>Puppet warp.
Step 24 : I have clicked on the shoulder and the finger. I have also clicked on the head. each time I click a Pin appears.  You can see the cursor turning into a Pin when you click.
Step 25 : I have clicked on the right Pin and Shift+Clicked the left Pin. This makes it possible to move the Pins together. Now drag and stretch and the fingers and upper portion of the arm moves as you want it to.
Be careful not to overdo it, or you will end up with something bizarre.
Step 26 : Just to demonstrate what can be done. I have dragged the fingers up. The whole arm stretches up. But it does not look real. I will press CTRL+Z to undo it.
Step 27 : I have clicked on the Pin at the left and then SHIFT+CLICKED the Pin on the right.
Step 28 : Now you can move both arms together. As I said it can produce bizarre effects. Look at the right palm. It has stretched it out. It looks unreal.
Step 29 : I have dragged the hands downwards, which looks more real now.
Step 30 : Now I have clicked on the shoe and again SHIFT+CLICKD another Pin beside it. I have dragged the shoe which has caused the leg to be dragged up.
Step 31 : I have clicked on the shoe and shift+clicked another point on it and moved it so that the shoe stands straight up from the ground like a ballet dancer.
Step 32 : Once you are satisfied, press ENTER to apply the transformation.
I have zoomed into the image, there is no imperfection around the hands. It appear natural.
You can click off the Smart Filter in Layers palette to see the before and after.
I will demonstrate another point with this free stock image. You will find it here
It belongs to ~you-bear


After clicking the pins on her head and arm I have dragged the arm down. It is now behind her leg.
Look in the top panel. You will find the Pin Depth and two icons.
Click the left one.
The arm now appears in front of the leg.
Now click the right icon.
The arm moves behind the leg. That is all.
Other photoshop tutorials are here

Post a Comment