Ads (728x90)

Latest Post

Kesehatan

Tips

The Equalize command in Photoshop redistributes the brightness values of the pixels in an image so that they more evenly represent the entire range of brightness levels. You can use it both in the RGB Mode or the Lab Mode. Here I will show it works in the RGB Mode. Depending on the channel you use, there are the Red, Green and Blue channels, your image will acquire the tone of that channel in the RGB mode.
This is an image with the Red channel equalised. The original is just below.
I will be using this free stock image. You will find it here
It belongs to Dark-Remorse
Step 1 : Duplicate the Background Layer by pressing CTRL+J. A new Layer 1 forms.
Step 2 : Click on the Channels pallette. You will find the RGB, Red, Green, Blue channels.
Step 3 : I am clicking on the Red channel.
The image looks like this after I click on the Red channel.
Step 4 : Go to Image>Adjustments>Equalise.
The image looks like this.
Step 5 : Click on the RGB channel.
Then click on the Layers palette.
The image has more Reds now.
If I click the Green channel and follow exactly the same steps, I get a greenish tinge after applying Equalise.
If you click on the Blue channel and follow the same steps you will not find any difference as the image had a preponderance of Blue to start with.
I am going back to the image where I equalised the Red channel.
Step 6 : Press 8 on the keyboard to reduce the Opacity of Layer 1 to 80%.
This is how the finished image looks.
Other photoshop tutorials are here





Post a Comment