Ads (728x90)

Latest Post

Kesehatan

Tips

A happy homeschool always makes my day.  Every. Single. Time.  I can only imagine the importance of being organized while educating kiddos each day.  And when I see folks that go the extra mile to make their homeschooling spaces a delightful and loving place to learn, I simply go gaga!


Nicole wrote and shared her space with me and I jumped at the opportunity to feature it, as I personally know a few homeschooling mom's that have asked for more ideas!  And this room is packed with them!


Nicole shared:

"Our space is a multi-purpose room used for homeschool and as a main level playroom, so we need lots of storage!

The core of the room is the Ikea cubbies, I couldn't have created this space without them.  Having lots of storage space for toys and homeschool supplies is so important so that everything can stay neat and organized.  I have also found the cubby bins to be very helpful for organization!  My youngest daughter {age 2} also enjoys having a table that's sized just right for her ... she likes to color, play games, and "do school" at the green table.  This is very helpful for me because every extra minute I can get while she is occupying herself is like gold.


I wanted to make our new homeschool room as enticing as possible.  I know that sounds funny, but if the room were not as put-together and coordinated, I know I personally wouldn't want to spend so much time in there!  And if I feel that way, it seems reasonable that the kids would feel the same.  With it being a room that we spend a lot of our day in, I was willing to put in the extra effort {and money} to make it really shine.




I help the kids be accountable and stay on top of them to keep the room cleaned up and tidy.  It's necessary because we're in there everyday for school!  Everything {absolutely everything} has a place, so that makes it easier to have the kids clean up after themselves.  I also limit the amount of toys that can be pulled out before cleaning up some of it, there simply isn't enough room to have the floor covered in toys!


We are using a Workbox Organizing System this year ... I like the simplicity, so I'm hoping it works for us.  The drawers in the middle of the desks are the kids' workboxes.


We love our homeschool room!  It's wonderful to have a separate place to "go to school" and I am thrilled to keep all of it organized and put away.  All of our books, projects and work are in a confined space and not spread out all over the house and we can always find what we need."


Pretty incredible right?  I think what I love most is that the room looks fairly average sized, yet the amount of storage it boasts is off the charts!  It is so well thought out and the fact that both studying and playing can happen here, while staying so organized each day, is just amazing!

You can find more beautiful photos and details over at Nicole's blog here.

Who else is feeling inspired to learn?  Or play?  Raise your hand if you are also a happy homeschooling family.  What organizing tips can you share that keep you smiling each day?


ATTENTION!!  Want to be featured in a Reader Space edition?  Have an awesome organizing story to share?  I am looking for projects that have made a positive impact to your life.  Please submit your story and photos here and I would heart to feature them right here, on the blog!!  Photos should be high resolution and unedited.  Please include a description of the project, including any costs, inspiration, and how it has changed your life and routine for the better!  Oh, and no worries my friends, we will NEVER judge "before" pictures because that just wouldn't be nice!  Only love goes on at this blog!

Post a Comment