Ads (728x90)

Latest Post

Kesehatan

Tips

Removing noise can be done quite easily in Camera Raw in Photoshop. There are tools in Photoshop like the Reduce Noise Filter, which are good. But the problem is that it blurs out some detail, though you can get most of it back. It is a long process. But Camera Raw provides a better and easier option. Noise Reduction with Camera Raw does not take away detail as is the case when using the Reduce Noise Filter.
I will be using this free stock image. Photos taken at night are the most likely to have noise. You will find this image of Seattle by night here
It belongs to snowsoftJ4C
I have not opened this image as yet it Photoshop.
The same image after processing in Camera Raw.
Step 1 : Go to File>Browse in Mini Bridge.
Step 2 : Browse in the Mini Bridge for the image. Right click the image and select Open in Camera Raw from the pop up.
Step 3 The image opens in Camera Raw.
Step 4 : In Camera Raw you will find the Zoom Tool at the left. Use  CTRL+ to zoom in and CTRL- to zoom out.
Step 5 : Zoom into the image and will begin to see the noise. This happen to be a good image, therefore the noise is not much.
Step 6 : At the right you get the Basic Controls.
Step 7 : Click the Details icon. It is the third from the left.
Step 8 : The Detail panel opens.
Step 9 : I have pulled the Color slider quite high to 70.
You will not notice much change after dragging the slider.
Step 10 : Drag the Luminance slider keeping an eye on the image. You will find the color noise disappearing.
The Color Noise has gone away.
Step 11 : I have increased Luminance Contrast just a trifle.
Step 12 : Now click again on the Basic menu to return to it.
Step 13 : Change the As Shot to Auto.
The Image acquires a bluish tone from the original reddish tone.
Here is another photo with noise. You will find it here
I know what you will say that it is a terrible shot.
It has been posted by me in deviantart
I have gone to Mini Bridge and am opening it in Camera Raw.
I have opened the Detail panel.
Zooming into the image reveals the amount of noise present.
I have first dragged the Color slider to 75 and then the Luminance to 30.
I have dragged the Luminance Contrast to 10.
The Noise has gone.
I have now returned to the Basic menu. I have changed the White Balance to Auto. I have also tweaked the Fill Light, Recovery Vibrance and Saturation sliders as well as the Temperature and Tint.
The image without a trace of noise.
That is all. Hope this proves useful.
Other photoshop tutorials are here




Post a Comment